Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Greek Marinated Chicken

This was super simple to make. You can really use any piece of a chicken. I choose the drumsticks. I paired this with whole wheat couscous. It was good!


Ingredients

1 cup plain yogurt 
2 Tbsp olive oil 
Minced garlic
Tbsp of dried oregano 
Lemon juice
Salt
Pepper
Parsley
Chicken pieces

Directions

1. To make the marinade--combine yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic (I used about 2 1/2 tablespoons), oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Add lemon juice (I used about 5 tablespoons)
3. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Add parsley (the amount I added was my preference) 
4. Add the chicken pieces and marinade to a gallon sized zip lock bag. Remove as much air as possible, and close the bag tightly. Shake the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes
5. After marinating for 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 375 degrees
6. Place the chicken in a large casserole dish and bake 45-60 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment