Monday, June 6, 2016

Simple Spiced Baked Chicken

This recipe called for chicken wings but I could not find them in the grocery store so I bought drumsticks. I want to make this recipe again using chicken wings. The drumsticks came out nice and crispy! Just the way my hubby and I like them.

Ingredients

1/3 Cup of flour (I used gluten free)
2 Tablespoons of paprika
1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
1 Teaspoon of black pepper
1 Teaspoon of salt
3 Tablespoons of butter
Fresh parsley
Chicken wings or drumsticks (Make sure they are thawed)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Dot the foil with the butter, there is no need to melt it ahead of time 
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper
4. Coat both sides of each wing/drumstick fully in the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet. Make sure the butter pieces are evenly spaced out among the chicken
5. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes
6. Turn the chicken over and bake for an additional 15 more minutes or until crispy and fully cooked
7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and sprinkle with fresh parsley 

No comments:

Post a Comment