Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Asian Pork Dumplings

So I usually just cook poultry meals when it comes to meat. I do not eat red meat and I'm VERY picky about the pork I eat (I only eat it on rare occasions). I get yelled at all the time because I think bacon and pork roll are gross! However, I do enjoy steamed pork dumplings from Chinese restaurants. Therefore, I decided to make them myself, but just the filling. This is a paleo recipe. If you want to make it a non-paleo recipe, use the meat as the filling for traditional dumplings. Enjoy!


Ingredients


1 pound ground pork
green onions
minced garlic
grated ginger
cup of thinly chopped Napa cabbage
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce 
½ tablespoon sesame oil

Directions

1. Mix the pork, green onions, garlic, ginger, and cabbage.
2. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.  Mix well.
3. Form oval balls with the meat mixture and set aside.
4. Heat up s olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
5. When hot, cook the dumplings in batches, shaking the pan as they cook to get even cooking. (You do not want to dry out the pork. So try frying them on each side for 5 minutes each. Pork can be a little pink inside--no worries.)
6. While the dumplings are cooking, in another bowl mix 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoon lemon or lime juice,  and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to create a sauce.
7. When the dumplings are done, place them in a large bowl or platter and pour the sauce over the them.


No comments:

Post a Comment