Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chicken Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach

I found this recipe on Pinterest. It is simple to make, just make sure you don't pock yourself with a toothpick. 


Ingredients

skinless chicken breasts
pepper jack cheese (I bought a block of it and shredded it myself)
frozen spinach, thawed and drained 
olive oil
breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
salt & pepper
toothpicks 

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Flatten the chicken and season with salt and pepper
3. Shred the pepper jack cheese into a bowl
4. Please the spinach in another bowl
5. Put the breadcrumbs in another bowl
6. Spoon the spinach onto each chicken breast, then the cheese on top of that (I eye balled everything)
7. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks (I used quite a lot of toothpicks so that the filling wouldn't seep out) 
8. Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil.  
9. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the chicken and underneath as well.  
10. Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet
11. Bake for about 40 minutes

Remove the toothpicks before serving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment