Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Eggrolls

I love Chinese egg-rolls but whenever I eat them from a Chinese restaurant, I get the worst tummy aches. I blame the excessive oil. I love making my own egg-rolls at home. I have made duck and veggie egg-rolls in the past, tonight I made pork. They turned out amazing. Enjoy!


Ingredients

egg roll wrappers
ground pork
a bag of cole slaw mix
can of bean sprouts
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground ginger
teriyaki  sauce 
olive oil spray
duck sauce

Directions

1. Brown pork in a pan until cooked
2. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees 
3. Put cole slaw in a large bowl, cover, and microwave for 5-6 minutes
4. Once the cole slaw is done, drain any excess water, then add garlic and ginger and mix
5. Once the pork is cooked and has cooled down, place a bit of it in the center of each wrapper
6. Add a little teriyaki sauce to the pork
7. Top the pork with cole slaw then bean sprouts
8. Fold in two of the corners. Put a bit of water on the top edges with your finger. Fold up the bottom, and roll as tightly as you can to the edge.
9. Place the egg rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil spray and make sure to spray the tops of the egg rolls with the oil too (If cooking on a non-stick pan, you do not need to spray the pan)
10. Bake for  20 minutes or until crispy and serve with duck sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment