Thursday, February 13, 2014

Zucchini Bites

So I decided to combine zucchini, an egg, crushed pineapple, and whole wheat breadcrumbs and bake the mixture in a muffin pan. I had all these ingredients in my fridge and since I was stuck inside because of the snow, I figured....let's combine them and see what happens. Well, this concoction turned out good! I feel that parmesan cheese should have also been added but because of my dairy allergy, I left it out. However, next time I'll include it and just deal with the itchiness. Haha.


Ingredients

1 cup of grated zucchini 1 egg1/4 cup of parmesan cheese 1/4 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs (You may have to add more breadcrumbs)Crushed pineappleSalt and Pepper


Directions


1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a muffin tin with olive ol spray
2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water. Make sure all of the water has been squeezed out
3. In a bowl combine, the egg, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, pineapple, salt and pepper4. Using a spoon, fill the muffin cups to the top
5. Bake for 20 minutes, make sure the top is nice and brown

No comments:

Post a Comment