Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Turkey Meatloaf Parmigiana

I was not that impressed with this recipe. It basically tasted like my turkey meatballs. It was good! But I was hoping for something different. I do still recommend making it---it's filling, tasty, and a good meal for a get together. 


Ingredients

Ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used whole wheat)
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 cup marinara or pasta sauce, divided in half
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used dairy-free)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese 
 (I used dairy-free)
Olive oil cooking spray

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf  pan with cooking spray and set aside
2. In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, onion powder, and parmesan cheese. Use your  fingers and hands to mix the ingredients until combined 

3. Add 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce and mix lightly
4. Pour into the greased  pan and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
5. Bake for 50 minutes then add the mozzarella cheese blend and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment