Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Crispy Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips

Again, I forgot to take a picture. I was so busy yesterday finishing last minute things for my wedding that I just made dinner and ate! These were pretty simple to make and are paleo friendly.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons of coconut flour
3 tablespoons of  shredded unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Chicken tenders
Olive oil spray

Directions

1. In a shallow pan, combine coconut flour, shredded coconut, and salt (I used a bit more flour and coconut)
2. In a large non stick skillet, melt coconut oil
3. Dredge chicken through melted coconut oil, then coat in coconut mixture. 
4. Return chicken to skillet and cook until golden, but not entirely through
 5. Transfer chicken to a lined baking sheets. (I line by pan with tin foil and spray it with olive oil spray) Then sprinkle each piece of chicken with shredded coconut if needed
6. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through

No comments:

Post a Comment