Friday, July 25, 2014

Quinoa "Fried" Rice

I never had fried rice before because I do not like rice. When I am across this recipe, I had to make it. It's fried rice without the rice because you substitute it with quinoa--which I love! My husband and father both enjoyed it. They both love fried rice, but this healthier alternative was better.

Ingredients

3/4 cup of uncooked quinoa ( I used more)
3/2 cup of water (I added a bit more since I use more quinoa)
2 tsp of olive oil
Red onion, diced
3  eggs
Shredded chicken
Garlic, minced
5 tbsp - soy sauce (I usedd about 7tbsp)
1 tbsp - teriyaki sauce (I used about 3tbsp)
1 cup of frozen peas, green beans, corn, and carrots
Coconut oil


Directions

1. In a pot, add quinoa, olive oil and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir. I let it sit for a few minutes before placing in the fridge to cool
2. Add coconut oil to a wok (or large pan). Heat and add onions. Immediately add eggs and stir
3. Add garlic and chicken. (Chicken should be cooked and shredded already.)
4. Once onions are cooked, add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and veggies. Stir and let simmer for about 2 more minutes
5. After the quinoa has been in the fridge for 30 minutes, add it to the rest of the ingredients.
6. Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment