Saturday, October 8, 2016

Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili

This was delicious! It was simple to make. The recipe calls for you to brown the meat in a pan before adding it to the crockpot, but I didn't. Perfect for a cold day!


Ingredients

1 lb lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, diced (I omitted)
2 peppers, chopped 
(I omitted)
2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
2 (15 oz) cans Petite diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper, to taste


Directions

1. Cook the ground turkey in a skillet, until brown. Add ground turkey to the slow cooker (I did not brown it.)
2. Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir and season with salt and pepper
3. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours (Since I did not brown the turkey first, I let it cook on high for 5 hours.)



No comments:

Post a Comment