Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chicken Empanadas

These came out excellent! Definitely worth a try.

Ingredients

Empanada Discs (I used the Goya ones located in the frozen Spanish foods section)
Ground chicken
Taco seasoning (I used low-sodium taco mix seasoning)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 chopped onion
Olive oil cooking spray

Directions

1. Spray the skillet with the cooking spray
2. Add ground chicken, chopped onion, and garlic
3. Sautee chicken until brown/cooked then sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken (make sure all the chicken is covered with the seasoning)
4. Once the meat is fully cooked, lay out the empanada discs
5. Evenly fill each disc with chicken then fold each stuff empanada in half (After I folded them, I pressed the edges using a fork...then I sprayed each empanada top with cooking spray)
5. Bake the empanadas in the oven at 375 degrees (about 15-20mins or until golden brown)
6. Serve with salsa or guacamole

No comments:

Post a Comment