Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pad Thai

I love Pad Thai! I figured let me try this at home. While the real thing is the best, this turned out pretty well. My dad thought it was delicious and he's a big fan of Thai food.

Ingredients

1 box of rice noodles (gluten free) or whole wheat angel hair pasta 
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of sesame oil
6 tbsp of honey
6 tbsp of soy sauce
green onions (scallions), chopped
cilantro, chopped
peanuts (I omitted the peanuts)
2 scrambled eggs (I added the egg because real Pad Thai has eggs)
bean sprouts (I added this because real Pad Thai has bean sprouts)
carrots, chopped

Directions
1. Scramble the eggs/cook them, set aside
2. Chop green onions, cilantro, and carrots
3. While chopping, boil the noodles 
4. Heat both oils in a pan, whisk in honey and soy sauce
5. Add carrots, green onions, cilantro, scrambled eggs, and bean sprouts to pan, saute them lightly
6. Drain the noodles and place in a large boil, then add the oil/veggie/egg mixture to the bowl and toss



No comments:

Post a Comment