Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Cups

Oh man were these delicious! They were so simple to make. This would be the perfect dish for a party. I altered the recipe a bit and this was the final product.



Ingredients

Cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast--chopped up small or shredded½ cup 
Chopped fresh pineapple (I used the canned pineapple chunks in water--do not get the one in syrup)
4 tbs spicy barbecue sauce (I used Trader Joe's original)
Chopped scallions
Wonton wrappers (I used egg roll wrappers)
Shredded cheddar cheese (I used Daiya  dairy free  and soy free cheddar)
Oil olive cooking spray

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix chicken, pineapple, BBQ sauce, and scallions in a medium bowl 
3. Lightly spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and press one wonton wrapper into each cup (I had to cut some of the egg roll wrapper off to make them smaller because they didn't fit into the muffin cups)
4. Spoon the chicken mixture evenly each cup and top with cheese
5. Bake  for about 20 minutes. Let the cups cool for 5 minutes before popping them out in order for them to keep their shape

No comments:

Post a Comment