Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pasta With White Beans AKA Pasta Fagioli

This is such an easy recipe! So simple and so good! It is Ash Wednesday, so with me being Catholic, I cannot eat meat today. This is filling and is full of protein.

Ingredients


  • 8 ounces of pasta (I used whole wheat small shells)
  • 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce (I used an organic marinara)
  • 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
  • 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (I used whole wheat)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions


  1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions (I made the entire box)
  2. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain, and return the pasta to the pot
  3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the marinara and beans to a simmer
  4. Toss the marinara mixture with the pasta and the reserved cooking water
  5. Divide among bowls and top with bread crumbs, parsley, and red pepper flakes


No comments:

Post a Comment