Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Quinoa Pizza Bake

One word, delicious! This was originally a vegetarian dish but I added homemade turkey meatballs to it. My dad is a big fan of meat, so since he was going to enjoy this dish as well...I added turkey meatballs to it. I definitely recommend this if you are sick of pasta or even pizza.



Ingredients
Cooked quinoa 
14 ounces of tomato paste
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup finely diced onions
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)

Turkey meatballs (or try turkey pepperoni)
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 cup mozzarella cheese (I used Go Veggie vegan mozzarella shreds)
Directions
  1. Cook the quinoa (Follow the instructions on the box)
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  3. In a large bowl combine the tomato paste, garlic, onions, breadcrumbs and oil.  Mix well
  4. Add chopped up meatballs and mix well
  5. Add in the cooked quinoa and cheese and stir well until thoroughly mixed
  6. Divide the mixture evenly in a large casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese 
  7. Bake for 30 minutes until  the quinoa on top is golden and crispy

No comments:

Post a Comment