Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hamburger Macaroni

This was really good. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it because I like pasta with a lot of sauce and this recipe requires no sauce. I did enjoy it though. It is a great lunch or dinner for kids.
The original recipe called for ground beef, but I substituted ground turkey.


Ingredients

Elbow macaroni pasta (I used GF)
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 Small yellow onion, diced
Ground turkey
1/2 Teaspoon of sea salt
28 Oz. of diced tomatoes (I only used a 15 oz. can)
5-6 Teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce 
Dried parsley

Directions

1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Once it is cooked, drain it.
2. While pasts is cooking, heat a large pan. Add the butter and onion to the pan and cook until the onion begins to soften
3. Add the ground turkey and salt to the pan and cook until the ground turkey is browned. Drain as much fat from pan as you can
4. Add the tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and mix well 
5. Place the cooked macaroni into the pan and sprinkle with parsley
6. Cook for 5 more minutes, while stirring well .

No comments:

Post a Comment