Saturday, December 19, 2015

Turkey and Bean Taco Casserole

This was easy to make and pretty good. Very filling. The original recipe called for ground beef but I used ground turkey. There were some ingredients that I omitted just because I didn't have them. I also only did the bottom layer of the tortillas, not the top layer.

Ingredients
GroundTurkey
1 Can (16 oz.) of refried beans
1 Jar (16 oz.) of salsa (I used 1/2 a jar)
1 Package of taco seasoning mix 
Broken tortilla chips
Green onions, sliced 
2 Medium tomatoes, chopped (I omitted this)
1 Cup of shredded cheese
¼ Cup of sliced black olives
1 Cup of shredded lettuce (I omitted this)

Directions

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a pan, cook the turkey until thoroughly cooked. Drain any fat
3. Stir in the refried beans, salsa and taco seasoning and mx well. Heat well
4. In an ungreased casserole dish, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips. Then top evenly with turkey mixture
5. Sprinkle the onions, 1 cup of the tomato, the cheese and olives
6. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted
7. ( I did not do this) Top the baked casserole with lettuce, remaining ½ cup tomato and remaining ½ cup tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment