Friday, August 5, 2016

Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Copycat

I changed this recipe to be gluten and dairy free. I have never had this soup at Olive Garden because it is not allergy friendly, so when I cam across the copycat recipe, I figured I could change some of the ingredients. Overall, it was ok. It would probably have been better with the normal ingredients.

Ingredients



12 onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 clove garlic
12 carrot, shredded
1 tbsp olive oil
3 to 4 chicken breast, cooked and diced
4 cup chicken stock
1 salt, to taste
1 black pepper, to taste
1 tsp thyme
16 oz potato gnocchi
2 cup half-and-half (I used coconut milk)
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped

Directions

1. Saute the onion, celery, garlic, and carrot in olive oil until the onion is translucent
2. In another pan cook the chicken
2. Once the chicken is cooked, add the chicken, chicken stock, salt, pepper, and thyme
3. Bring to a boil, then add the gnocchi
4. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes
5. Add half-and-half and spinach, then cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted

No comments:

Post a Comment