Saturday, August 20, 2016

Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken

VERY DELICIOUS! I really enjoyed this. I bought skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs because I love the skin. The meat fell right off the bone. I will be making this again.

Ingredients

1 1/2lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs 
1/4 cup low sodium GF tamari or GF soy sauce
1/4 cup apple juice 
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger
, minced
Directions

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the chicken

2. Place the chicken in the slow cooker, then pour sauce over. Move the chicken around so that it is covered with sauce 

3. Cook on high for 4-6 hours

4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and slice (I did not do this, I kept them whole)

5. Pour the sauce into a saucepan and simmer over low heat to reduce it until thickened, or mix a little cornstarch or arrowroot starch with water, then stir into sauce and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened

6. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment