Thursday, December 11, 2014

Bang Bang Chicken

So most people order the bang bang shrimp at Bone Fish Grill. It looks amazing, however, I'm allergic to shrimp. I decided to make it using chicken. The original recipe has you frying the chicken, I baked it instead. It turned out great!



Ingredients

For the chicken

1 cup of buttermilk (I used a cup of almond milk + a tablespoon of white vinegar
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour (I used gluten free flour)
1/2 cup of cornstarch
1 large egg
1 tablespoon of hot sauce (I used cholula
Black pepper
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs (I used gluten free panko)

Coconut oil cooking spray

For the sauce

1/4 cup of mayo
2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon of  honey
2 teaspoons of hot sauce

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and hot Sauce in a small bowl and set aside
3. Spray cooking oil in a deep baking dish
4. Cube the chicken
5. In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, and pepper
6. Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then dredge in Panko
7. Place the chicken in the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy
8. Drizzle chicken with the sauce and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment