Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ground Chicken w/ Egg Noodles in a Swedish Meatball Sauce

I had ground chicken in the fridge and egg noodles. I was planning on combining the two and making a red pasta sauce, but I was not really in the mood for Italian. Whenever I see egg noodles, I think of Swedish meatballs. So I decided to Google how to make the sauce that is used for Swedish meatballs. This dish hit the spot! It was really good. I made the sauce gluten-free and dairy-free. Next time I will have to find gluten-free egg noodles. 



Ingredients

Ground chicken
Yellow onion, chopped
Organic frozen peas
Egg noodles

For the sauce:

1/4 cup of almond
2 cups of gluten free vegetable stock/broth (You can use beef, but I do not eat beef so I used veggie broth instead)
1/4 cup of gluten free flour mix
Dash of nutmeg
1 tbsp of lemon juice

Dash of pepper

Directions

1. Saute the onions in a pan then add the ground chicken until browned
2. While the chicken is cooking, combine the milk and flour in a bowl and mix well
3. Read the instructions on the egg noodles and boil them in a large pot
4. Once the chicken is cooked, place it in a different bowl and set aside
5. In the same pan used for the chicken,  deglaze the pan with a bit of the stock/broth before adding the rest
6. Stir in the flour/milk mixture
7. Add the nutmeg, lemon juice,and pepper. Keep mixing the sauce so that it does not stick to the pan. The sauce will begin to thicken
8. Add the chicken to the sauce and mix well
9. Once the noodles are done, place a small amount in a large bowl, then add some of the chicken/sauce mixture, then layer that with noodles, then sauce mixture, then noodles
10. Add the peas to the noodles as well. Make sure to mix everything well. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment