Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Chicken with Mustard Creme Sauce

This recipe wasn't anything special. I had to change the recipe to make it dairy free and I think that is why the sauce wasn't thick. I used almond milk instead of half and half. It tasted good but I don't think I will be making this again.

Ingredients

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp of olive oil
¼ Tsp of salt and pepper
½ Cup of gluten-free low-sodium chicken broth
1 Cup of half and half (I used almond milk)
3-4 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
1 Tsp of dried tarragon 
1 Tsp of dried oregano

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Add the olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high heat
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
4. Add the chicken to skillet and saute until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side
5. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and cover with foil
6. Bake the chicken for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through
7. Pour the chicken broth into the hot pan. Whisk in the half and half, mustard, tarragon, and oregano
8. Whisk for 4-6 minutes over medium heat until thickened
9. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the foil and pour the sauce over chicken and serve 

No comments:

Post a Comment