Monday, May 4, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites

These little energy bites do not take long to make and are delicious! I love making snack bites. They have become addicting. I'm always looking for new ways to make them. I have so many cans of pumpkin, I wanted to use at least one. I found this recipe and loved it!


Ingredients

1/2 Cup of pumpkin puree

1/2 Cup of almond butter
1/4 Cup of organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I omitted this because I did not have it)
1 1/3 Cup of gluten-free rolled oats
1/3 Cup of pumpkin seeds
1/3 Cup of raisins
2 Tablespoons of chia seeds

Directions

1. Combine the pumpkin puree, almond butter, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and stir until smooth
2. Fold in the oats, pumpkin seeds, raisins, and chia seeds
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours (If you want to have it chilled faster, put it in the freezer for an hour)
4. Roll the mixture into balls 
5. Store the balls in the refrigerator or freeze 


No comments:

Post a Comment