Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Bourbon Chicken

This was pretty good. I had to alter the recipe a bit. I am not sure if I would make this again. It wasn't bad, but I have made better meals.

Ingredients 

Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 onion, chopped (I omitted)

Pepper 
1 Tablespoon of dairy free butter
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon of arrowroot starch or cornstarch (I added this)
2 Tablespoons of chicken stock (I used veggie stock and more)
2 Tablespoons of bourbon (I used more)

1. In a large skillet, melt butter and add olive oil
2. Saute garlic and onion until translucent
3. Add the chicken breast to the skillet and brown on both sides
4. Add broth and bourbon and stir all together
5. Add starch if needed to thicken up the sauce
6. Cover and let simmer over very low heat for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment