Sunday, August 2, 2015

Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Bread

I am trying to bake more so that I become better at it. This bread came out perfect! I was actually impressed with myself. I will be making this bread again. It tastes really good with some vegan (or regular) butter or apple butter.

Ingredients


1 Cup of gluten-free rolled oats
1 1/4 Cup of boiling water
2/3 Cup of non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (You can use apple cider vinegar)

3/4 Cup of ground buckwheat flour
1/4 Cup of chia seed meal (I put chia seeds in my magic bullet and made my own meal)
1/2 Cup of brown rice flour
1/2 Cup of tapioca flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 Cup of organic maple sugar (You can use any sugar you want)
1/3 Cup of grape seed oil (You can use melted coconut oil or olive oil)
1 Teaspoon of pure vanilla 

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, pour the boiling water over the rolled oats and let it sit for a few minutes 
2. Then add the milk and lemon juice
3. Continue to let the oat mixture sit for 5-10 minutes until the oats are soft and you can see some cultured milk and water from the lemons
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients 
6. Then add the wet oat mix and the oil to the dry ingredients
7. Mix well and let the batter sit for a few minutes to soak up the moisture
8. Pour the batter into a bread pan sprayed with cooking oil, then top the dough with some dry oats. 
9. Bake for about 50 minutes (depending on the oven could be less or more)
10. Once done, let it cool before before removing from pan 

No comments:

Post a Comment