Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Spicy Chicken Nuggets

I think I have stated before that I love to make chicken nuggets or chicken tenders. I always try to find new ways to make them. This chicken nugget recipe is super easy and not to spicy. My husband enjoyed them, as did I.

Ingredients

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes 
1 Cup of gluten free Panko Breadcrumbs (I used more than a cup)
1 Tsp of onion powder (I used more)
1 Tsp of garlic powder (I used more)
1/3 Cup of hot sauce
1 Large egg 
Coconut oik cooking spray

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees 
2. In a bowl add the egg, in another bowl the hot sauce, and the last bowl the breadcrumbs and seasonings
3. Cut each chicken breast into cubes 
4. Dip each cube into the egg, followed by the hot sauce, and then the breadcrumbs
5. Toss the crumbs to coat the chicken. Press the breadcrumb mixture into the nugget to get a good coating
6. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place each nugget flat onto the tray 
7. Place into the oven and allow them to bake for 20-23 minutes or until they are thoroughly cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment