Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sriracha Lime Chicken Salad

My husband even liked this salad and he isn't the biggest fan of them, unless it's a Caesar salad. We love sriracha sauce, so whenever I come across a recipe that calls for it...I know I have to try it. The lime vinaigrette was my favorite part about this dish.

Ingredients

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp of sriracha
1 Lime, juiced
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Lettuce (I used a spring mix)
Kale
Pineapple slices
Carrots, sliced
Tomato, chopped
Red onion, finely chopped
Avocado, cubed
Red cabbage, diced

Lime Vinaigrette

1/3 Cup of olive oil
1/4 Cup of organic apple cider vinegar
2 Limes, juiced (I only used one)
2 Tsp of raw honey
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt

Directions

1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper
2. In a bowl, combine the sriracha and lime
3. Add chicken and let it marinade in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
4. Once marinaded, add the chicken to the grill
5. Cut the pineapple and add to the grill, grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side
6. While they are grilling, prepare the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl 
7. Whisk together the dressing in another bowl, then place in the fridge until you are ready to use it
8. Once chicken is done cooking, pass it in the salad, along with the pineapple and toss with the dressing 


No comments:

Post a Comment