Friday, February 19, 2016

Crockpot Sweet and Tangy Asian Meatballs

These were really good. Made me super thirsty afterwards, but really good. I'm trying to get more into making crockpot meals since my husband and I will be welcoming a little one in just months!

Ingredients

For Meatballs
2 lbs of Ground pork (I used ground turkey)
½ Cup of green onions, chopped
4 Cloves of garlic, minced (I used a bit less)
1 Tbsp of sesame oil 
2 Tsp of ginger, freshly grated
2 eggs
Salt and pepper 
Sesame seeds for garnish 
For Sauce
⅔ Cup of Hoisin sauce
¼ Cup of soy sauce
¼ Cup of rice vinegar
5 Cloves of garlic, minced (I used a bit less)
2 Tsp of ginger, freshly grated
1 Tbsp of Sriracha sauce (I used a bit more)


Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Mix all the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape into 1 inch meatballs and place them on the baking sheet
3. Bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes or until just slight brown and no longer pink inside
4. While they are baking, mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl
5. Place the meatballs together with the sauce into the  crockpot
6. Cook on low for 2 hours
7. The sauce will reduce and thicken a bit
8. Serve garnished with additional chopped green onion or sesame seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment