Thursday, February 11, 2016

Easy Rice Noodles

The original recipe was for an easy chicken Lo Mein, but since I cannot find gluten free Lo Mein noddles, I bought rice noodles(which I love). I also did not follow the recipe exactly and put my own spin on it. I made it more of a Thai dish, than I Chinese one. It was yummy, but I have made better rice noddle dishes.

Ingredients

Rice noodles (1 box)
5 Tablespoons of soy sauce (gluten free)
3 Fluid ounces of chicken Broth/Stock
5 Teaspoons of sesame oil
3 Tablespoons of lime juice
¼ Teaspoons of  red pepper flakes
Olive oil
2 Cups of broccoli, chopped
1 Cup of cauliflower, chopped
1/2 Cup of carrots, chopped
4 Eggs, scrambled
1 Cup of cooked chicken, cubed (I omitted this because it was Ash Wednesday)
1 Teaspoon of garlic, minced

Directions

1. Cook the rice noodles according to package directions
2. While the noodles are cooking, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, chicken broth, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a small pot and mix well. Heat over low heat
3. In a large skillet cook the eggs, once cooked push them to the side and add the olive oil. Place the vegetables in the olive oil and saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender
4. Add in cooked chicken and let cook for 1-2 minutes
5. Add the garlic to pan and mix everything together, let cook for another minute 6. Once the noodles are done, drain them and place in a large bowl
7. Pour in sauce mixture and toss
8. Add in the egg/veggie/chicken mixture and toss again
9. Make sure all the noodles are coated with sauce 

No comments:

Post a Comment