Thursday, October 15, 2015

Crock-pot Falafels

I never woud have thought to make falafels in a crock-pot, but it worked! They were tasty. They weren't that round, they were more flat. However, I think that's my fault because I pushed them down after I placed them in the crock-pot. I would definitely make these again. The house smelled so good while they were cooking. I ate the falafels with hummus. Chickpeas on top of chickpeas!

Ingredients

1 (15-ounce) Can of garbanzo beans (aka chick peas)
1/2 Yellow onion, finely chopped 
1 Tablespoon of dried parsley 
2 Cloves of garlic, minced 
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon of salt
1/4 Teaspoon of pepper
2 Teaspoons of ground cumin (I used a bit more)
1 Teaspoon of ground coriander
1/4 Teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 Lemon, only the juice
1/2 to 3/4 Cups of gluten free bread crumbs 
2 Tablespoons of olive oil 

Directions

1. Drain the garbanzo beans and dump them into a mixing bowl and smash them with a fork
2. Blend together all of the spices, the onion, the garlic, the egg, and the lemon juice in a food processor or blender
3. Pour on the mixture on top of the smashed garbanzo beans
4. Use your fork to mix together, and add the breadcrumbs slowly until the mixture is wet and sticky 
5. Pour the olive oil into the bottom of your crock-pot 
6. Form small ball sized patties of falafel
7. Dip each side into the olive oil and then place into the  crock-pot
8. Cook on high for 2-5 hours or until they are brownish-golden

No comments:

Post a Comment