Saturday, October 31, 2015

Garlic Maple Dijon Chicken with Sweet Potato Chips

This was good. But I definitely used way too much garlic. I felt like I tasted it for days and I also smelt like it. I'm not sure if I would make this again. The sweet potato chips came out good. Some were more crisper than others. The thinner you slice the potato, the crispier the slices will get.

Ingredients

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 Garlic cloves, minced
4 Tablespoons of maple syrup
4 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons of olive oil + 1 1/2 tsp for the baking dish
1 Tbsp of parsley flakes
¼ Tsp of cayenne pepper
Pepper
Sea salt

Potatoes:
Large sweet potato
Oil (I used grapeseed oil)
Dried rosemary
Sea salt
Pepper

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 450° and coat a baking dish with olive oil
2. In small sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low heat
3. Add the minced garlic and stir, cooking until very lightly browned and tender
4. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and mustard
5. Add in the spices and stir
6. Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper
7. Cover the chicken with the garlic mustard mixture
8. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until there is no pink in the center

No comments:

Post a Comment