Wednesday, November 25, 2015

GF and DF Spaghetti O's

I loved spaghetti o's as a kid. Unfortunately since they are not gluten or dairy free, I can no longer eat them. So I found this recipe and knew I had to make it. I could not find gluten free O shaped pasta, so I used elbows instead. The finished product did taste a bit like spaghetti o's but it still wasn't the real deal. It is the closest thing to it though. I would make this again, especially for kids who are not able to experience spaghetti o's.

Ingredients

1 15 Oz. can of plain tomato sauce15 Oz. of rice milk (just use the empty tomato sauce can to measure) (I also used coconut milk)
1 Tsp. of garlic powder
1 Tsp. 
of onion powder
½ Tsp. of paprika
¼ Tsp. of salt
Nutritional yeast (Use as much as you want, this is what gives it that cheesy taste)
Gluten free pasta
Water, as needed


Directions

1. In a deep pan or pot, stir together all of the ingredients, except for the pasta and water
2. Bring the tomato mixture to a boil. Then stir in the pasta
3. Turn down the heat and cook the pasta 
4. As it simmers, stir often to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom
5. Add as much nutritional yeast as you would like and mix well
6. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until the pasta is tender
7. Add some water to keep the sauce from becoming too dry and thick. (I added almost 2 cups of water.)

No comments:

Post a Comment