Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sticky Garlic Noodles

This recipe is supposed to be sticky and garlicy. Lately I haven't been feeling well when I eat too much garlic, so I did not use as much as the recipe called for. I also added scrambled eggs for protein, but you can add whatever protein you would like. This dish can also be made with any kind of noodle, I chose rice noodles because I love them.


Ingredients

Gluten-free noodles 
3 Tablespoons of butter (I used vegan butter)
Green onions, chopped
3 Garlic cloves, diced (I used only about 1 clove)
2 Tablespoons of coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 Tablespoons of tamari (or soy sauce)
Optional: 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce (I did not use this)
4 Eggs

Directions

1. Boil the noodles according to directions. Once they become al dente, drain, and set aside (add a little butter or oil so they don't stick together after draining)
2. While the noodles are cooking, 
scramble 4 eggs and cook in pan
3. In another pan, melt the butter 
4. Add the green onions and garlic to the butter and stir for about 1 minute, then add the sugar and stir vigorously until it is completely dissolved
6. Finally, add the tamari and mix in thoroughly
7. Once the sauce is done, toss the noodles and eggs with the sauce and mix well, then serve

No comments:

Post a Comment