Friday, January 8, 2016

Shredded Chicken Taco Soup

I was not that impressed with this. I probably wouldn't make it again. And if I did I would try to change the recipe some how. It was good and my husband enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything to rave about.

Ingredients

Shredded chicken
Garlic, minced
1/2 of onion, chopped
1 Cup of chopped green beans
Zucchini, Chopped 
Carrot, diced
1/2 of Jalapeno, chopped
32 Fluid ounces of low sodium chicken broth
4 Cups of water
2 Teaspoons of chili powder
2 Teaspoons of cumin
1 Teaspoon of salt 
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
Corn tortillas, avocado, and grated cheese to top

Directions

1. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil 
2. Add the chopped vegetables and saute 
3. Add the broth, water, and spices
4. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and add the shredded chicken
5. Cook for another 5-10 minutes
6. Serve with crushed corn tortillas, cheese, and avocado on top

No comments:

Post a Comment