Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Chicken Bacon Quinoa Bowl

Delicious! I just started getting into turkey bacon. I never really wanted to try it because I do not like pork bacon. But I love turkey, so my husband suggested I try it. Well it's delicious. This recipe originally calls for rice but since I'm not a fan, I substituted it with quinoa. You can also make it with cauliflower "rice".

Ingredients

4 Pieces of turkey bacon, diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
½ Yellow onion, minced
Chicken breasts, cubed 
1 (14 ounce) Can of diced tomatoes mixed with green chiles, drained
2 Cups of quinoa
½ Teaspoon of chili powder
½ Teaspoon of  red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
Avocado
Green onions
Coconut oil

Directions

1. Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat with coconut oil
2. Whhile that is heating, cook the quinoa according to the package
3. Add pieces of bacon and cook until crispy then remove and set aside on paper towel
4. Add the garlic, yellow onion and chicken. Sprinkle with a bit of salt
5. Cook until the chicken is almost cooked through
6. Add the diced tomatoes and green chiles
7. Add the chili powder, pepper and red pepper flakes
8. Add the quinoa and bacon and mix well, place heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
9. Place in a dish and top with avocado and green onions

No comments:

Post a Comment