Monday, March 21, 2016

Crockpot Turkery Sloppy Joes

Delicious! For two people there were a lot of leftovers. I would definitely make this again and again. Kid friendly too! I really liked the fact that I did not have to brown the meat before putting it in the crockpot. Makes life easier.

Ingredients

2 lbs of ground turkey
½ Cup of onion, finely chopped
2 Stalks of celery, finely chopped
1, 14.5 oz Can of tomato sauce
1, 10 ozCan of tomato soup (Make sure it is organic)
¼ Cup of brown sugar
¼ Cup ketchup
¼ Cup barbecue sauce
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1½ Teaspoon of dry mustard (I omitted this because I did not have it)
1 Tablespoon of yellow mustard
1 Teaspoon of chili powder
1 Teaspoon of garlic powder

Directions

1. Put all the ingredients into the crock pot, stir to combine fully. No need to precook the ground meat
2. Cook on low for 4 hours
3. Serve on buns

No comments:

Post a Comment