Thursday, March 31, 2016

Healthy Flourless Carrot Breakfast Cake

I wanted to try to bake a carrot cake that was healthy. This one is! If you like almond butter, you'll enjoy this cake. I cut it up and I take a piece with me for my on the go breakfast.

Ingredients

2 Cups of gluten free oat flour 
1/2 Cup of granulated sweetener of choice 
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 Small carrot, grated finely
1 Cup of dairy free milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
1 Egg 
1 Tsp of vanilla extract
6 Tablespoons of nut butter of choice, melted (I used almond butter)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking tray with cooking spray and set aside
2. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla extract and egg. Pour into the dry mixture
3. Add the shredded carrots and the melted nut butter and mix very well until a batter is formed
4. Pour batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes
5. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes, before removing 

No comments:

Post a Comment