Friday, August 15, 2014

Baked Crunchy Taco Casserole

This was good but you need to eat it as soon as it is done being cooked. My husband came home hours later and ate it. He said it was good but reheating it made it soggy. 

Ingredients

1 pound of ground turkey
1 (14.5 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 packet of taco seasoning
1  cup of cheese, divided (I used dairy mexican blend for my husband and vegan cheddar for myself)
1/4 cup of salsa verde
12 crunchy taco shells
Cilantro
Guacamole

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Brown and drain meat
3. Stir tomatoes, seasoning, 1/2 cup of cheese (I omitted this), and salsa into meat
4. Arrange taco shells standing up in a baking pan. Fill each shell with the meat mixture, dividing equally until all the meat is used
5. Sprinkle  cheese over the tops of the filled tacos and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cheese will be melted 
6. Top with  cilantro and enjoy with guacamole

No comments:

Post a Comment