Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Jerk Chicken w/ a Homemade Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

I had some chicken breasts left so I sliced them to make them thinner. Then I rubbed them with Jamaican jerk rub that I had bought in a small little mom and pop shop. I had extra cilantro left over and I needed to use it, so I decided to make my own homemade cilantro lime vinaigrette. I loved it and so did my husband. He said it would taste great on tacos, especially fish tacos. I don't cook or eat fish--so he is on his own for that one. I bottled up the extra vinaigrette and put it in the fridge. Cannot wait to use it again.
Ingredients
1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoons of salt
3 teaspoons of sugar
1 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, stems removed (I used a little more than a 1/2 of cup)
Directions
1. In a food processor or blender, combine lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and sugar
2. Blend until ingredients are completely combined
3. Add the oil in a steady stream, while the food processor is running
4. Add cilantro and blend until the cilantro has broken down but still maintains some of its texture

No comments:

Post a Comment