Sunday, April 5, 2015

Asian Lettuce Wraps

I am not a big fan of chain restuarants or eating out in general. Whenever I am forced to go to P.F. Changs, I order the same thing every time--the lettuce wraps. I made a version of their lettuce wraps last night and they turned out well!

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon of olive oil

Ground turkey or chicken (I used turkey)
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 Cup of hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons soy sauce (I used gluten-free)
1 Tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
2 Cans of slice water chestnuts, drained and diced
Green onions, sliced
1 Head of butter lettuce

Directions

1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add ground turkey and cook until browned. Drain the excess fat
2. Stir in the garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and ginger. Mix well
3. Stir in the chestnuts and green onions until tender
4. Spoon several tablespoons of the mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment