Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Healthy Lentil Sloppy Joe Soup

This recipe was supposed to be a healthy lentil sloppy Joe. Either I did not drain the lentils well enough or I added too much water...because it was more of a sloppy Joe soup. My husband and I enjoyed it and I have a lot left over, but I will definitely have to try making this recipe again. This is a fast and easy recipe!


Ingredients

2 15-oz Cans of lentils, drained 
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
1 Tbsp of ground cumin
1 Tsp of cinnamon
3-5 Tsp of sugar 
14 oz of Tomato sauce 
1 Cup of water (I would definitely use about 1/2 cup first)
1 Tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp of gluten-free soy sauce 
1/2 Onion, dice 

2 Tsp of olive oil
Guacamole

Directions

1. Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil 
2. Add the lentils and spices and stir
3. Then add all of the other ingredients and cook uncovered. Stir occasionally, until thick like sloppy Joe filling

No comments:

Post a Comment