Monday, April 6, 2015

Quinoa Bars

I came across this recipe so I decided to try it. Quinoa flakes can be found at whole foods. I have not seen them anywhere else, but health food stores. Also maple sugar is hard to find, as well. These were a tad sweet, but I enjoyed them. I put a little blueberry jam on top too!

Ingredients

2 Cups of quinoa flakes
1/4 Cup of organic maple syrup
2 Teaspoons of natural vanilla extract
1/2 Cup of maple sugar 
2 Tablespoons of vegan melted butter
2 Large egg whites
1/4 Cup of unsweetened dried shredded coconut or chopped dates or chopped apricot (I used dated)
Cinnamon
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients, except cinnamon and mix well
3. Place mixture in a greased baking pan and press flat using the back of a fork
4. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon
5. Bake for 45 minutes and remove from the oven and cut into bars
6. Return the pan to oven for 10 minutes until bars become crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment