Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cauliflower Fried "Rice"

As I have stated before, I am not a fan of rice. I have made quinoa fried "rice" and it has turned out well. I decided to try it this time using cauliflower. Amazing! I loved it!

Ingredients

2 cups of cauliflower (in a food processor)
4 Tbs of sesame oil
1/2 cup of carrots, chopped
2-3 Tablespoons of gluten-free soy sauce 
3 eggs, lightly beaten (I also added a tablespoon of almond milk to the beaten eggs)
Green onions, chopped

Directions

1. Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is small and resembles rice
2. In a large wok pour the sesame oil in the bottom and add the carrots and fry until tender
3. Pour the beaten eggs into the wok and scramble them
4. Mix the eggs with the carrots until cooked
5. Add the cauliflower and green onions to the carrot and egg mixture
6. Pour the soy sauce on top
7. Stir and fry the cauliflower and veggie mixture until heated through and cauliflower is tender

No comments:

Post a Comment