Thursday, March 12, 2015

Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings

This was my first time making chicken and dumplings. I was nervous at first because I have never even eaten chicken and dumplings. My husband said it turned out good and it was delicious, so I guess I made it right! I enjoyed it too. I made the recipe dairy free and gluten free.

Ingredients

 
Chicken

2 1/2 cups of chicken stock
1 1/2 cups of cut-up cooked chicken
1 cup of carrots
teaspoon seasoned salt
teaspoon pepper
cup of coconut milk
tablespoons of cornstarch

Dumplings
3/4 cups of Bisquick Gluten Free mix
1/3 cup of coconut milk
tablespoons of vegan butter, melted
egg
tablespoon chopped parsley

Directions
  • 1. In pot, heat chicken broth, chicken, carrots, salt, and pepper to boiling. In small bowl, mix coconut milk and the cornstarch with wire whisk until smooth and stir into chicken mixture. Heat just to boiling
  • 2. In small bowl, stir dumpling ingredients with fork until blended. Gently drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto boiling chicken mixture
  • 3. Cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment