Monday, March 16, 2015

Sriracha Honey Slow Cooker Meatballs

These meatballs are easy to make. I changed the recipe to make them gluten free and dairy free. I also used ground turkey instead of beef. I did not find them that spicy, however, my hubby's mouth was on fire. I just have a higher tolerance for spicy food. They were good, but I cannot say they are my favorite way of making meatballs.


Ingredients

1 cup of sriracha hot chili sauce 
1 cup of organic raw honey
1/4 cup of lime juice 
Ground turkey
1 cup of gluten-free panko bread crumbs (I used a little more than a cup)
1/4 cup of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 eggs


Directions

1. Combine the sriracha, honey and lime juice in a slow cooker on high heat and stir until well combined
2. In a large bowl add remaining ingredients, except for the eggs 

3. Add 1/4 cup of sauce from the slow cooker into meatball mixture, fold mixture together 2 times, then add the eggs and mix well
4. Take about a tablespoon or a bit more of the mixture at a time and begin rolling into balls. Place the balls into the slow cooker. Spoon sauce over the tops of them. Continue adding meatballs until they are all in the slow cooker
5. Reduce heat to low, cover slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment