Sunday, February 8, 2015

Avocado, Carrot, & Honey Muffins

When I first saw this recipe I was intrigued. I thought, avocados in muffins? I love avocados, I even put it on pizza. So I figured I would give this a try. The muffins tasted good. You can taste the avocado a bit, so if you really do not like avocados...you probably will not like it. The avocado replaces any unhealthy fats in baked goods, like oil and butter. This recipe is dairy free and gluten free. 


Ingredients 

(This amount only makes about 6-7 muffins)

1/4 cup of coconut flour (I used a bit more)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of honey
1/3 cup of grated carrot
1/4 cup of a very ripe avocado, mashed well
1/2 tsp of lemon zest
3 large eggs

Coconut oil cooking spray

Directions

1. Whisk together the eggs, avocado, carrot, lemon zest and honey
2. Mix the coconut flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
3. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Make sure the batter is semi-runny
4. Spoon the batter into a greased muffin tray
5. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment