Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Paleo Creamy Tomato Soup

I have made a few tomato soups in my day. I am always trying new tomato soup recipes because there are so many ways to make it. This recipe is dairy free and gluten free, therefore it's paleo. I did enjoy it, but I do not think it's the best tomato soup I made. I would make this recipe again but change and omit a few things.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons of olive oil 
1 large onion, chopped (I used a 1/2 of onion, but I would probably omit this next time)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
28-ounce can of  crushed tomatoes 
11⁄2 cups of 
 vegetable stock 
1 cup of coconut milk (I used a little more than a cup)
parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon of tomato paste

Directions

1. In a large Dutch oven or pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat
2. Add the onions, and saute, then stir in the garlic and saute 
3. Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and tomato paste to the pot
4. Puree the crushed tomatoes in a food processor until smooth. Add them to the pot and mix well
5. Add parsley to the soup and mix
6. Allow everything to heat up nicely and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment