Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Crispy Buffalo Quinoa Bites

I made these for my superbowl party. I loved them. I kept popping them in my mouth. It is a great healthy snack or appetizer. 


Ingredients

2 tablespoons of butter, melted (I used vegan butter)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 cup of hot sauce (I used cholula and I used more than 1/4)
2 cups of cooked quinoa
1 cup of cannellini beans, mashed
1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs (I used gluten-free panko and more than a 1/2 cup)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of peper
3 tablespoons of olive oil

Directions

1. Make the buffalo sauce by combining the melted butter, olive oil, and hot sauce in a medium size bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside
2. In another bowl combine the quinoa, mashed cannellini beans, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and 4 tablespoons of the buffalo sauce
3. Mix well to moisten the ingredients and then form into equal size balls (about 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon of the quinoa mixture)
4. Squeeze the balls together tightly with your hands, be careful not to break them
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil
6. Add as many of the balls to the skillet and cook until golden and crisp on all sides
7. Gently toss about 10 balls at a time with the buffalo sauce or you can dip each ball in the sauce instead

No comments:

Post a Comment