Saturday, February 7, 2015

Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I made this dip for my Superbowl party. It is so much healthier than traditional spinach and artichoke dip. There is no sour cream or mayo or cheese. It was really good. Unless I said it was vegan, I do not think anyone noticed the difference.

Ingredients

3 Tablespoons of vegan butter
4 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour (I used gluten-free flour)
2 Cups of plain nondairy, unsweetened milk (I used original almond milk)
3/4 Teaspoon of salt
1/4 Teaspoon of pepper
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1/2 Cup of nutritional yeast (I used more than a 1/2 of cup)
2 (14 ounce) Cans of artichoke hearts
1 (10 ounce) package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3 Cloves of garlic

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Heat the vegan butter in in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, until melted
3. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute
4. Slowly whisk in nondairy milk. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg
5. Cook until mixture is very thick. Let it cool, stirring occasionally
6. In a food processor, chop the artichoke hearts, spinach, and garlic. The mixture should be smooth
7. Stir it into the nondairy milk mixture 
8. Stir in nutritional yeast
9. Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking pan
10. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment