Friday, February 20, 2015

Lentil and Spinach Curry

I really enjoyed this. I made it because my husband wanted to try something Indian inspired and it was Ash Wednesday which means no meat. He liked it except for the onions because he is not an onion fan. When I make this again I will have to omit the onions.

Ingredients
1 cup of red lentils
2 cups of water
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp of ginger, grated
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of curry powder
2 tbsp of tomato paste
Chopped spinach

Directions
1. In a medium pot add the oil and the onions
2. Fry the onions and stir them until they soften 
3. Add the garlic and the ginger and continue to stir. Then add the curry powder and stir well
4. Add the lentils and water and bring to a simmer
5. Let the lentils cook for 15-20 min then add the tomato paste and stir to combine
6. Stir in the spinach leaves and mix well. Once the spinach as cooked, serve

No comments:

Post a Comment